Howard B. Richman enjoys teaching students of all ages and all levels, as long as you want to learn! He is very patient with complete beginners (kids and adults) and can show advanced professional studio musicians some missing elements that will bring their playing to the highest level. He specializes in improving finger technique, relaxation, injury-prevention, sight-reading, sight-singing, ear-training, and improvisation. Howard B. Richman has been teaching piano since 1975. He has often given piano lessons to other piano instructors, piano teachers and piano coaches. He can also help instruction with rhythm training, practice optimization, composition, chord-reading and self-accompanying, as well as classical and popular repertoire. One of his specialties is to provide unique problem-solving solutions to the problems that have plagued you for years, that you thought no one would ever understand! Howard is known as a spiritual piano teacher or empowerment coach due to his holistic insight into helping you attain your goals. He is also known as the piano teacher to the stars or the celebrity piano teacher.
FREE Trial Lesson!
Howard offers one lesson for free, without obligation so you can evaluate his unique approach to teaching. Gift certificates also available.
Tel: (voice and text) +1-818-835-2115 (Pacific Standard Time)
Howard has an effective and unique approach to teaching piano that respects the way we learn. Many of his innovative insights are published in his piano lessons myths. For example, when teaching children, he doesn’t force them to read notes right away. This is really so unnatural, as kids are more kinesthetic than visual. That doesn’t mean that eventually he won’t teach reading, however. In fact, he is one of the world experts on teaching piano sight-reading. Another myth is that you must practice every day. Howard has proven time and time again that if you practice just four days a week, with guilt-free time off, you actually improve faster than if you practice every day!
Each Student is Taught With a Customized Approach. Here are the Many Areas of Focus:
- Finger Technique. How to play fast with ultimate control.
- Sight-Reading How to Read Music at Sight
- Rhythm Training
- Music Theory Private music theory tutor
- Classical Repertoire
- Popular Repertoire
- Relaxation, Removing Unnecessary Tension
- Practice-Optimization – How to learn more in less time. How to memorize music.
- Biomechanical Efficiency – Maximum power with minimum effort.
- Improvisation and creativity development techniques
- Composition & Songwriting. How to create melodies for your poems and lyrics. How to put chords on your melodies. How to create “song sheets,” lead sheets and how to write music down on paper. How to notate your song so others can play it, without knowing how to read music!
- Chord-Reading and How to Play Lead Sheets & Fake Book
- Musical Styles and Piano Arrangements (Pop, Country, Gospel, Blues, R&B, Rock, Reggae, Hip Hop, Worship, Church, Hymns, Techno, 50s, Jazz, New Age, Folk, Broadway, Pop Ballade, etc.)
- Ear-Training (How to Play by Ear, Playing by Ear)
- Singers’ Tools
–Pitch Control Training
-How to Sing Harmony
-Sight-Singing (How to Hear the Notes in Your Mind)
-Self-Accompanying techniques in every style – Learn how to accompany yourself or learn how to accompany singers. (see “Musical Styles” above.)
-Audition Preparation – I will record the melody of the song for you so you can learn it.
- How to put melody to lyrics
- College Preparation
- Performance Anxiety, Stage Fright, Fear
- Releasing Emotional Obstacles to Playing Emotional Blocks, Healing Piano Trauma and Previous Performance Disasters, Piano Therapy
- Learning Disabilities including ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Dyscalculea, Sensory Integration Disorder
- Motiviation Issues – Solving your procrastination and avoidance of your musical growth issues.
- How to Look Like You’ve Played Piano for Years (for Actors, Singers and Celebrities Who Have A Role Deadline and Need a Crash Course.) (Technical Coaches or Piano Coaches)
Listen to Howard’s Student, Ori Zur Perform Chopin Scherzo No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 31 when he was 15 Years old
Listen to Howard’s Student, Amber Tope Performing “Take my Breath Away,” by Berlin
About Howard B. Richman, M.F.A.
Howard B. Richman has pioneered innovative teaching strategies in the fields of music education and stress-management since 1976. Mr. Richman is the author of the popular book, Super Sight-Reading Secrets. He has a B.A. from UCLA in piano performance and an M.F.A. (Master Fine Arts) degree from California Institute of the Arts, where he also taught on the faculty for three years. Mr. Richman’s specialty is to help people break through their most stubborn blocks.
Howard B. Richman Piano Training Lineage Chart.
See an interesting chart that shows a genealogy of piano teachers for Howard Richman, rooting back to Beethoven.
Location of Lessons.
All lessons are held at our music teaching studio in West Hills, California. (Please DO NOT GO to our mailing address at 18375 Ventura Blvd. #8000 Tarzana!!!!)
PLEASE NOTE: I also offer live online piano lessons. If you have a webcam you can have a private lesson with me from anywhere in the world!
Celebrity Piano Teacher
See Howard Richman’s Client List of current and former students, many of whom are celebrities and involved in the entertainment industry.
FREE/1st lesson without obligation
To Pay for Piano Lessons with Howard B. Richman, Click Here.
Serving Many Areas of Southern California.
His students come from many areas of Southern California area, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles and United States of America (U.S.A.) These include Calabasas, Reseda, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, West Hills, Granada Hills, Northridge, Chatsworth, Encino, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, LA, Universal City, North Hollywood, West Hollywood, Studio City, Hancock Park, Baldwin Hills, Culver City, Valencia, Santa Clarita Valley, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Burbank, Glendale, Agoura Hills, Hidden Hills, Hacienda Heights, Topanga, Thousand Oaks, Oak Park, Simi Valley, and Westlake Village. 818, 213, 310, 323, 424, 747, 661 and even Japan!
Tel: (voice and text) +1-818-835-2115 (Pacific Standard Time)
Social Networking Sites for Howard’s Piano Lessons
“Howard Richman” is sometimes misspelled as “Howard Richmond.” Also known as “A Richman Piano Synth Training.”
Technique taught by Howard Richman is an alternative to the Glenn Gould Finger Tapping technique.